Why Do you need (OI) Operational Intelligence?
Operational Intelligence has the potential to benefit any business. Because it makes it easier for staff to do their jobs and removes a lot of the drudge work associated with some roles, it has the potential to improve efficiency and make staff happier - not many operational changes can say that.
- Quick smart. Operational Intelligence is aimed at getting work done faster and smarter across the business. That means giving people the information to do their jobs well wherever they are. And faster, smarter work has obvious benefits for you and your business.
- Accurate, reliable results. Because Operational Intelligence removes much of the possibility for human error in your business, it results in work that is accurate and reliable. This benefits you and your customers, with fewer costly or time consuming order and processing errors.
- Taking the pressure off staff. Intelligent systems can take over the grunt work - like manually processing orders or inputting data - that people dislike. This frees up time for staff to focus on their more complex work, and has the potential to make them feel happier and more motivated as well.
- Coping with change. You may have a system that works very well, but if it can’t roll with the punches, it’s not Operationally Intelligent. An integrated OI system keeps things ticking along when staff go on holiday or even leave altogether. It stops things from falling through the cracks when things change.
- Connecting the dots. An intelligent, integrated system makes connections across your business, breaking down silos and helping departments work together. Often, this integration leads to businesses identifying issues and highlighting potential areas of growth and change.
- Better data, smarter decisions. With the up-to-date information you need at your fingertips, it’s much easier for you and your staff to make smart, savvy decisions in the day-to-day business operations.
Working toward Operational Intelligence in your business
The benefits of Operational Intelligence are clear. But how do you make your business operations more intelligent? It’s not as simple as upgrading your software or training staff; operational intelligence requires a fundamental shift in the way your business is run. The first step towards Operational Intelligence, for most businesses, is integrating systems. That can mean integrating your current software systems so they work together, or moving to a fully integrated business management system. Obviously, because it’s designed for the purpose, a fully integrated system is going to be more useful. Our ERP system, Greentree4, has Operational Intelligence built into its fabric. Unlike some systems, which require add-ons and complex adaptations, Greentree4 has everything you need integrated into the platform. Of course, it can also be adapted to suit the specific needs of your industry or organisation. ## Better data = Better Business
Boosting Operational Intelligence in your business is not always easy - but it could be the best thing you ever did. Instant, intelligent access to the data you need to do your job is a game changer. Once you have it, you’ll wonder what you ever did without it. youtube.com/watch?v=mjrP2eBpmcI&feature=youtu.be