Don’t let your business be held to ransom, If you ever needed a reminder about the importance of email security, it’s now.
What is ransomware?
More and more cyber criminals are using malicious ransomware to target large, medium and small businesses.
Ransomware is passed around as an infected attachment in emails that have innocent-looking senders, but when you open the attachment, your computer becomes infected, malware spreads out to your contacts, and the virus locks all your files until you pay a ransom. Ransomware is also spreading across mobile technology such as smart phones and tablets. As the ransoms can be large untraceable bitcoin payments which could potentially cripple the business.
What can you do now?
If you are infected with locker ransomware, then consider the following;
- Never pay the ransom as even after paying, the ransomware may not unlock your computer and cyber criminals will continue to see ransomware as a viable opportunity.
- Ensure you have the latest software and windows installed, as old software presents a vulnerability to hackers, if there is a hole they can target, they will get through.
- As well as this, It’s important then to ensure you have the correct network security protection in place, in order to safeguard your business against malicious attacks.
- Disaster recovery plans should also be in place in case of a catastrophic event. These can save the business and ensure all the protection you have put in place is not lost.
- Security programs are ever advancing to cope with more and more complex threats, the inevitability of this means they are becoming more and more specialist and without the expert knowledge can be more time –consuming than beneficial to users.
If all that seems like a lot of work, don’t worry, we can do it all for you! An AMA Managed Services Contract can focus on your IT, so you can focus on your business.
With AMA, ensure complete protection through our multi-layered, security threat prevention approach to help detect and eliminate Viruses & Ransomware. Relax, safe in the knowledge that you are protected not only against network security threats, but also failures (and potential failures) of your network infrastructure. With over 30 years’ experience, we have become experts in the supply, support & training of ERP systems, EPOS systems, Hardware, Network Security, Disaster Recovery and Cloud Services. No matter what size, location or industry we can help.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.